Duterte’s inclusion on Communist party’s alleged hit list is “fake news”
On Monday, the Malacanang cleared allegations of President Rodrigo Duterte
being a part of a hit list drafted by communist rebels.
Last week, National Security Adviser Hermogenes Esperon announced that he and President Duterte are included in the NPA’s hit list, alongside other Cabinet officials.
Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo claimed that the issue was entirely “fake news” and Esperon was just disinformed, as it was denied by New People’s Army leader itself.
“While the NPA keeps no ‘hit list’ supposedly with Esperon’s name in it, the people will not fail to remember his many crimes and may seek justice with their revolutionary army,” Jose Maria Sison said in a statement.
The CPP leader added that this is a part of the government’s ‘psychological warfare’ to redtag the communist group.
The Presidential Security Group also announced in the past week that their office has recieved threats on the President’s safety.
“We have received information that the president is the number one target, not only of the CPP-NPA but of the drug lords and syndicate groups,” PSG Chief Brig. Gen. Jose Niembra said last week.
Panelo also said that even though the President and Esperon’s name was not in the supposed hit list, the Palace is still entertaining the possibility of the CPP eliminating government officials.
“The communist rebels will always want this government to fall…It is not far-fetched that they would want to eliminate officials that are running this government but we are prepared for that,” Panelo declared.
Photo credits to Inquirer.net